Latest Driving & DMV Information Sep 2014, page 2

Applying for a North Carolina CDL - Class C License w/ Hazardous Materials Endorsement

by Joshua on Sep 14, 2014.
Filed under: North Carolina
Driving large vehicles designated as commercial class or certain specialty vehicles in the United States requires a "commercial driver’s license, or CDL": . There are 3 classes of CDLs which are the same in all states. A class A or B license allows for the driving of commercial class vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of over 26,001 pounds. A class C CDL, on the other hand, allows you to drive "passenger vehicles":https://www.dmvcheatsheets... Read More

Applying for a Pennsylvania CDL - Endorsement H (Hazardous Materials)

by Joshua on Sep 12, 2014.
Filed under: Pennsylvania
In order to drive large-sized vehicles in the United States, you need a "Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)": . More specifically, most vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of over 26,001 pounds require a CDL to drive. Specialty vehicles like school busses or hazardous material transports require additional licensing on top of a CDL. These additional privileges are known as endorsements. In order to drive vehicles that deal with hazardous materials ... Read More

Applying for a Texas CDL - Endorsement P (Passenger)

by Joshua on Sep 10, 2014.
Filed under: Texas
Obtaining a "CDL license with a P endorsement": allows an individual to work for a company transporting other people. This includes driving a school bus, operating a tour bus, operating public transportation and many others. If you are transporting other individuals, when there will be 16 or more passengers in a vehicle, this special CDL license is needed. Not all drivers who earn... Read More

Applying for a California CDL - Class A License

by Joshua on Sep 08, 2014.
Filed under: California
The United States requires drivers to have a special kind of license, known as a Commercial Driver’s License, or CDL, in order to drive certain types of vehicles. Generally, this includes any vehicle of a large size —that is, over 26,001 pounds in Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). It is also required in order to drive specialty vehicles like tankers or large passenger vehicles. Additions to a CDL are called "endorsements": Read More

Applying fop a Louisiana CDL - Endorsement P (Passenger)

by Joshua on Sep 07, 2014.
Filed under: Louisiana
What type of commercial vehicle should you drive for a Passenger Endorsement? In Louisiana, there are five driver's license classes: * "Class A": includes combination vehicles with gross combination weight ratings (GCWR) of equal to or greater than 26,001 pounds and towed gross vehicle weight ratings (GVWR) greater than 10,000 pounds. A Class A license holder can drive the ... Read More