Latest Driving & DMV Information Aug 2014

Applying Utah CDL - Endorsement P (Passenger)

by Joshua on Aug 29, 2014.
Filed under: Utah
If you want to be issued a commercial driver's license P endorsement (CDL) in the State of Utah, there is special training that you must receive. You must also submit a medical certificate, take a written test, and then apply in person for the license at any office of the Utah Department of Public Safety Works (DPS). Since 9186, it has been illegal to have more than one license. You have to choose between having either a regular license or a commercial license. You can only have state of ... Read More

Applying for a Virginia CDL - Class A License

by Joshua on Aug 27, 2014.
Filed under: Virginia
A "Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)": is vital to drive any vehicle with a total vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or higher, including towed units that weigh 10,000 pounds or more. Class A vehicles consist of mostly semi-trailer trucks (also known as tractor trailers) carrying freight or other vehicles. They are recognizable as the large trucks with cargo ... Read More

Applying for Maryland CDL - Endorsement H (Hazardous Materials)

by Joshua on Aug 25, 2014.
Filed under: Maryland
In the "state of Maryland": , the US Patriot Act of 2001 requires several standards be held, in the issuance of CDL licenses with HAZMAT endorsements. This includes, but is not limited to background checks, fingerprint processing, as well as additional knowledge. h3. Skills Test The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) will often waive the CDL skills test requirements for veterans. This is situations where they have been honorab... Read More

Applying for an Ohio CDL - Endorsement H (Hazardous Materials)

by Joshua on Aug 22, 2014.
Filed under: Ohio
For holders of a commercial driver's license (CDL), the "hazardous materials endorsement": (represented by the letter “H” on the CDL) allows the handling of at least 9 classes of products posing a risk to safety, health and property while in transportation. The relatively high level of risk and potential consequences involved makes these hazardous materials regulated by ... Read More

Applying for a Pennsylvania CDL – Class C License w/ Passenger License

by Joshua on Aug 20, 2014.
Filed under: Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's Licence
In the "State of Pennsylvania": , one must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) for many different types of commercial transportation endeavors. In order to transport passengers, you need a Class C license with different endorsements, depending on the type of vehicle you intend to operate. We will give an overview of that. If you intend to drive a vehicle designed to transport 16 or more, including the driver, then you need to obtain a Cla... Read More